Aquarium fish and plants is blog about aquariums and live in my aquariums. I will post here daily about live my fishes and aquatic plants. Next I will post here articles about my experiences in aquariums. I hope that my informations will be useful.


Download aquarium book

13.4.06

Aquarium light fixture

Last step in making my new social aquarium is making Aquarium light fixture. I try fair this article as guide for you. I choose on my light 4x39W 850 mm T5 lighting fluorescent tubes. It is 156 W on 220 litres water. I´d like have planted tank and 0,7 w/l is sufficient, I think. Boost intensity of aquarium light I attach on my aquarium light fixture mirror foil. To use T5 lighting fluorescent tubes, you need plug in him with electronic ballast. I use two pieces of Helvar electronic ballast "El 2x39s". If you have aquarium light fixture from wood or some fiery material, you must embed between ballast and fixture asbestos bearing. Ballast have temperature 80 degree of Celsius when working. To connect electronic ballast with T5 tubes I used cable CY 1,5mm2. And on the end you must connect your ballast with electronical arrea. On next photos you can see how it look in my

Aquarium ligh fixture

Electronic ballast with asbestos bearing In progress Front view Front-bottom view.

And this is finish. If you have some questions please write them in comments.

No comments: